Friday 3 November 2017

Sammy Davis Jr - Ferrari 400 Automatic VIN21439

This purchase agreement was brought to my attention:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10468330_1-sammy-davis-jr-car-purchase-agreement

I wasn't able to find out much more on his car, no pictures either. Apparently it was offered for sale on Ebay some years ago. On FChat I read its currently residing in Austria, not sure if that's still the case.  Another member of the Rat Pack, Dean Martin, was also a Ferrari 400 owner. 




The catalogue does mention a remarkable story about a Ferrari watch being found in the car. The only close related watch I could find is this one. But clearly that's a different one ...


Sammy Davis Jr - Cartier Pasha A gift from fellow “Rat Packer” Frank Sinatra the watch was engraved with the message “Sammy, I Luv Ya, F.A.S.” It was sold at auction for $12,600 in 2009. Source. He can also be seen wearing an Heuer Monaco on a trip to Vietnam to entertain the troops before Steve McQueen made the Monaco famous in the film Le Mans.

2 comments:

  1. I bought this car from Sammy himself. I later sold it to two airline pilots who found the watch I somehow missed. Definitely wasn't a "Ferrari" watch, believe it was a Rolex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked on this car for a customer of mine who bought it from whom I don't know but he was told it Sammy Davis car and had some paperwork to prove it. I got it running for him and je wanted it cleaned inside and out while I was cleaning inside I found a Ferrari watch with engaving on back that read "To Sammy love Frank. The payment I received for the work was the watch I still have today.i can check back in my pictures to see what year it was also the car was black when I worked on it. I do have pictures from when I worked on I would have to look for...

    ReplyDelete